Skip to main content
Create interactive lessons using any digital content including wikis with our free sister product
. Get it on the
Pages and Files
Qualities of effective lead teachers
Strategic planning overview
Goal setting and implementing
Reaching the reluctants
Rationale and overview
Managing Equipment and purchasing
School management systems
Software for schools
Ideas for Classrooms
Ideas and links by level
Using Web 2.0
Cyber Safety Issues
Overview of cyber safety
Resources for schools
Using Web 2.0
Using Web 2.0
There are a number of websites, including my own, that can support you in implementing web 2.0 tools in your school. I have put a simple list of them here for the moment and have embedded a presentation I use to give an overview of web 2.0.
Blogs, Wikis And Web 2.0 tools in Education
your own. (tags:
Educational software and web 2.0
- A very large index of online tools with resources and some examples of the tools in action.
Learning Web 2.0
- A detailed look at blogs and wikis as well as 44 tools you can use in conjunction with these. Each tool has a full page with examples and tutorials on how to use them.
-This wiki from a high school classroom has a number of useful resources with screen shots for applications and web 2.0
Classroom 2.0 Wiki
-Organised by type of tool and alternatively by subject area, this is a very useful site with ideas on how to apply to teaching and learning for the tools discussed.
Mobile Technology in TAFE
- A great site with step-by-step tutorials for a number of Web 2.0 tools.
- Another brilliant wiki with a list of useful resources.
Web 2.0 Wiki
- Very similar content to this site but structured quite differently and without information on software options.
- This is a very clear and easy to use guide to wikis and the things you can add to them. Has a useful list of links to try.
Images, Sound, Video
- This website has a HUGE list of software and links that you could spend forever going through. Very thorough.
List of e-Tools
- Over 700 of them organised by type.
ICT in Science Education
- Again, a thorough index of ICT tools that can be used with an emphasis on science but often good for all subject areas.
Da Tools of the Trade
- A website with links to tools compiled by a secondary teacher. Very thorough.
- Another wiki with a list of useful resources.
- A wiki with detailed resources for
blogging in the Classroom, wikis,
RSS - Bringing the Web to You and Digital Storytelling
- Integration of ICT into a range of areas such as blooms and learning styles. Also general information on web 2.0 tools.
Make Use of
- A huge bank of free software and online tools - not designed for education but still useful.
Grazing for Digital Natives
- A wiki by a staff development facilitator, STAR Discovery Educator, and Keystone Technology Integrator in the US. It has resources for workshops she has run on a number of web 2.0 tools - very useful.
- Another wiki with a summary of some useful tools that educators can use. Some good resources here.
Te Whakatipurangahou ICT PD cluster
A great selection of links and resources for different tools.
- A PBWiki set up for educators.
Cool Tools for Schools
- another index of tools by Lenva Shearing
Getting Tricky with Wikis
- everything you would ever need to know about wikispaces
help on how to format text
Turn off "Getting Started"